by Sharon Clark-Koufis, Marketing & Events Manager, Markham Board of Trade
The theme was James Bond 007. The mission? To reveal the recipients of Markham Board of Trade’s 26th Annual Business Excellence Awards. On November 20, 2016, that was done in style, with black tuxedos, stirred martinis, a casino, and even a chance to view up close one of Bond’s most noteworthy gadgets, a Lotus sports car.
From a record number of nominations, these 2016 Business Excellence Awards recipients were selected:
- Accessibility: RBC Royal Bank – Birchmount & Enterprise
- Business Employer of Excellence: Bento Nouveau Limited
- Community Relations & Cultural Enrichment: BDO Canada LLP
- The Donald Cousens Conservation & Environmental Leadership Award: Times Group Corporation
- Entrepreneurship: Icon Digital Productions
- Global Business Excellence: Redline Communications
- High Quality & Service: Saint Elizabeth
- Innovation: Everlink Payment Services Inc.
Danny Fantini, owner of F.D.M. Contracting Co. Ltd., was The Anthony Roman Award recipient. This award recognizes a community leader who successfully built their own business, helped other companies succeed, created local employment, and contributed to the community through charitable and humanitarian efforts.
“Over the past 26 years, the Markham Board of Trade has honoured more than 300 businesses and individuals with awards of excellence,” said Richard Cunningham, Markham Board of Trade’s president & CEO. “The 2016 recipients join an elite group of companies that have made Markham the location of choice for established and growing businesses in the G.T.A.”